At The Century House, you’ll work for a family-owned company that has a rich and unique history. We are proud to celebrate our 70th Anniversary this year!
As a Design Consultant, you will help customers select from some of the most desirable home furnishings in the world. You will become an expert on modern furnishings/design and help our customers create beautiful and functional spaces for their home or office.
Our sales staff works as a team to deliver the best possible service to our customers. We work hard to develop and build authentic relationships with our customers and we strive to help make their lives a little bit better.
Experience in design, sales and furniture is helpful, but not required. We are looking for people who are ready to learn and who have a strong interest in modern furniture and design.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Assist customers in the store
- Answer phones and communicate with customers via email and phone
- Develop space plans and design recommendations
- Enter sales and orders using a computer
- Help to maintain our showroom (clean, make price tags, design vignettes, etc.)
- Learn about our products through guided training and independent study
- Perform other administrative tasks, such as scheduling deliveries and performing other tasks using our systems
Many opportunities exist for Design Consultants to venture into other areas of interest, whether it be writing blog posts or designing exciting displays. Each member of our sales team has a slightly different role based on their unique interests and abilities.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Comfortable using computers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and master new product information
- Ability to read price lists and do basic math calculations using a calculator
- Interest in selling modern and/or Scandinavian furniture
- Sales and/or customer service experience
- Interior Design education or experience
- Experience using POS systems and Google Suite (Calendar, Drive, etc.)
- Experience using design software program (Sketchup, etc.)
Hours & Pay
We offer competitive hourly pay with additional opportunities to earn bonuses. This is a full time position (40 hours per week/5 days per week). Most Saturdays are required.
Potential hours include: Monday – Friday 9:45am – 6:15pm and Saturdays 9:15am – 5:15pm.
Employees enjoy a number of perks including (but not limited to) those listed below.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- 401K & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discounts
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also submit them in person or by mail using the address below.
The Century House
3029 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53705