Callimaco Floor Lamp
This iconic floor lamp was designed in 1982 by Ettore Sottsass as part of the Memphis movement of home furnishings. This movement included pieces that had vibrant colors, strong symmetries and asymmetries, bold forms, and whimsical concepts. The Memphis Group was made up of mostly architects, including Sottsass, and their goal was to move away from the stark, unornamented pieces of the modernism movement. The post-modern concepts of enjoying decoration for the sake of pure aesthetic can be seen in the handle on this floor lamp. For the lover of strong forms and color in design, this floor standing lamp is the perfect fit.
Indirect light source.
78.75" Tall (See Spec Sheet for Full Dimensions)
• body in aluminum with painted polished yellow finish
• diffuser in steel with painted polished red finish
• handle in polished chrome
• dimmer switch incorporated in body
• base in steel with painted polished grey finish
Halogen light source (not included)
• 1 x 200W (R7S/T3)